- Add moist ingredients first, and dry
- Make a well in the flour to hold the
yeast, and always keep the yeast away from the salt and water before the
mixing process begins.
- When the bread is finished, let it
cool completely on a wire rack. Then store it in an airtight container.
- Do not refrigerate bread. It tastes
best when stored at room temperature or in the freezer.
- Specially formulated bread machine
flour such as King Arthur for Bread Machines or Gold Medal Better
for Bread works best.
- Specially formulated yeast such as
Fleischmann's Bread Machine Yeast works well.
- Bake settings for
this bread recipe: Sweet, Light, and Rapid or Regular Rise. Yields a 1 lb.
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon nonhydrogenated margarine
- 1/4 cup firm silken tofu, mashed
- 2 tablespoons unbleached, granulated
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seed
- 2 cups unbleached bread flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/3 cup dried pineapple, cut into
very small pieces
- 3 tablespoons sliced or slivered almonds